Rights and Responsibilities
Qualcare is a state wide twenty four hour service that provides personal care and support to people with a disability injury or illness in the homes and communities.
- outlines our service standards and defines what you can expect from us.
- states what you need to know so you can help us help you.
- explains how you can give us feedback on any aspect of our service.
What you can expect as a client of AQA Qualcare
- You can choose a person to speak on your behalf for any purpose.
- You can involve any party of your choice in planning and decision making relating to your care.
- You can choose a representative to participate in decision making relating to your care if you do not have capacity to do so yourself.
- We will obtain your permission to speak to other parties about matters relating to your care.
- You can access your personal information by contacting our privacy officer.
- Qualcare will take measures to prevent the occurrence of any type of abuse or neglect, including pre employment safety screening, induction and training of new employees.
- We will contact you annually to review the performance of employees providing direct support services.
- Qualcare will implement policies and processes that identify and manage issues relating to safe and healthy working environments.
- We will complete an equipment and safety assessment in your home annually (minimum) to ensure that the working environment is safe.
- Making a complaint will not disadvantage you or your family members or adversely affect the services you receive.
- You can make a complaint by contacting any AQA Qualcare team member who will take you through the complaints process.
- Complaints will be investigated fairly and confidentially, and appropriate steps taken to resolve issues of concern.
2. Access and Engagement
- AQA Qualcare respite services will be allocated based on individual circumstances including individual needs, urgency and availability of resources.
- Decisions about allocation of resources will be non discriminatory.
- We will provide you with a written service agreement that includes all agreed matters.
- Invoices are clear and in a format that is understandable.
Changes to fees and charges are provided in writing.
- Where AQA Qualcare holds funds on your behalf, balances will be provided monthly.
- We will work in partnership with you to ensure that you are at the centre of planning a community based care program that is most appropriate for your needs and supports you to achieve your goals.
- We will provide reliable, coordinated, safe, quality care and services which are appropriate to your needs.
- You will receive a written care plan prior to commencement of services.
- Care and services as described in your plan take account of your lifestyle, other care arrangements and cultural, linguistic and religious preferences.
- We will work in partnership with you to review the care and services you receive (both periodic and in response to changes in your personal circumstances), and modification of the care and services as required.
- Your communication requirements will be met including appropriate format, use of interpreters and/or equipment.
- Individual needs - planning and support is tailored, flexible, responsive and appropriate to the individual
- You can request to have your services reviewed at any time.
- You can be involved in the recruitment process and make the final decision about who will be employed to work with you.
- Be part of the interview process for disability support workers and make the final decision about who will work with you.
- You can choose the level of involvement you have in the management of your day to day program.
How you can help us to help you:
Work with us to provide a safe work environment for our disability support workers.
Treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
Abide by the terms of the written service agreement.
Acknowledge that your needs may change and negotiate modifications to care and services when your care needs do change.
Accept responsibility for your own actions and choices including any actions and choices may involve an element of risk.
Provide enough information to assist Qualcare to develop, deliver and review a care plan that is safe and tailored to your individual needs.
Tell Qualcare about any problems with your care and services.
Allow safe and reasonable access for care workers at the times specified in your care plan or otherwise by agreement.
Provide reasonable notice if you do not require a service.
Contact us as soon as possible if you are having difficulty paying any fee as outlined in the service agreement.
We value your compliments, complaints and suggestions. These could be:
- about a positive experience you have had
- a comment or suggestion on how we can improve our services to you
- a complaint if you are not satisfied with the service you have received, or feel you have not been treated fairly and reasonably by us or by someone delivering services on our behalf.
You can give us this feedback by:
- Contacting the AQA Qualcare office on 9482 4373 or 9489 0777 and speaking to a member of the Qualcare team.
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in our annual client satisfaction survey.
- Become part of our client advisory group.
Complaints will be acknowledged by telephone within 24 hours of receipt and responded to in writing within 10 business days. A complaints form can be obtained from any member of the Qualcare team on the contact details above or from our website www.qualcare.org.au
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint you can contact the Disability Services Commissioner. The office of the Disability Services commissioner is independent of government, department of human services and service providers and has been created to assist people with a disability to resolve complaints. Contact details are:
If you would like to receive this charter in an accessible format please contact 9482 4373, using the national relay service on 133 677.
If you would like this information in your preferred language or an accesible format please contact your Service Coordinator who will arrange this on 9482 4373 or email@example.com.