What’s Out There (WOT) Day, December 2017
What’s Out There (WOT) Day is a Community living expo which is targeted at people with a recent spinal cord injury (SCI) as well as their families and friends. It is resourced by people living with SCI in the community and is meant to showcase options for life with SCI in the community based on actual lived experience.
We bring in people who have been living for with SCI in the community for some years to share their lived experiences with those more recently injured, e.g. hobbies, travel, families, leisure options, home modification, transport, tips and tricks and much more.
The day goes from 11 am – 4 pm and is open to people with SCI as well as family and friends.
The program for the day includes
- A panel discussion – with people living with SCI in the community sharing their experience of life with SCI
- Small group discussions – resourced by people with lived experience where participants can ask more specific questions about life with SCI in the community
- BBQ lunch (free) for all to enjoy and socialise
- Exhibits – by commercial vendors as well as people with lived experience showcasing equipment, vehicles, leisure options and services which resource life in the community.
- A demonstration game of wheelchair sports.
For more information about the day click here
If you’re interested in resourcing the day as a panel members and/or exhibitor please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 9489 0777